The Good Samaritan
Who is my neighbour?
How could I help them?
Craft activity ideas
Other activity ideas:
- Play doctors and nurses, looking after someone who is poorly or injured.
- Can you bandage up a doll?
- Try pouring something from one container to another - like the Good Samaritan poured oil.
- Create a matching game by drawing pictures of problems showing someone needs help, and a set of matching solutions. For example - the books are all over the floor - someone helps to tidy them up.
- Make 'helping hand' cards by drawing around your hand on paper and cut them out, creating a set of vouchers that can be redeemed by each other. Your child may promise to help tidy up, you may promise to read them a story...
- Make a card or picture to send to someone who may be feeling sad, ill or lonely.
- Make sad and happy faces with play dough, talking about what makes us sad or happy. Look at your sad and happy faces in a mirror!
- Sequence the story using pictures and key words.
- Act out the story or make paper hand puppets or use lolly sticks and dress with paper clothes for the characters.
- Try using some of the weblinks below to find colouring sheets, other craft and song ideas.
- Create a large picture or freize of all the people who are your neighbours - how might you help them? We would love to see a photograph of your work. Please send these in to your class email address :)
- You could make them feel happier by sticking pictures up in your windows!