What sorts of learning resources are available for my child?
All classrooms have maths and literacy resources with different types of practical and visual apparatus to support learning and progress. All classrooms have visual timetables to enable children to know what will be happening next.
- Our home and guided reading books are book banded so that they are at the right level for your child to make progress.
- We have a range of ICT equipment including laptops, ipads, talking tins, cameras and recording equipment to support children recording their work in different ways across the school environment.
- Positions of tables and chairs are always considered for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Reading materials are copied onto coloured paper if required.
- Some reading books are printed on coloured paper and are available for use as required.
- Coloured writing paper and books are available for use with children who require them.
- Children are encouraged to talk with partners or in small groups to develop their ideas, reason and articulate before recording them.
- Adults are trained in scaffolding support to get the best from the children, whilst encouraging their independance.
- Fine motor skills resources
- Sensory equipment to aid sensory seeking behaviours and regulation