The Pupil Premium is an allocation of funding provided to schools to support specific pupils who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those who are looked after by the Local Authority and the children of armed service personnel.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received and how this is being used. At St Francis School we have used the funding in the following ways:
2016 – 17 – Funding £44,000. Plans for spending
- Short term interventions including Reading Recovery
- Funding residential, Fledglings (Before and after-school provision) and music lessons.
- Speech and Language Support.
- Pupil emotional and mental well-being resources
- Incidental/Emergency need.
2015-2016 – Spending